Sight Saving Project
“Provide a sustainable project for the prevention of avoidable blindness.”
Provide affordable eye care system beneficial to all marginalized sector of our society, institutionalized eye resident training, research and community based program –
- To identify areas wherein eye missions are needed
- To develop community eye health program for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of eye diseases.
- To coordinate with various eye health leaders for the prevention of avoidable blindness.
“RCM Pagkalinga sa Mata Center Launched”
The Rotary Club of Manila (RCM) launched and inaugurated its pioneer project “Pagkalinga sa Mata” on August 19, 1998.
The (RCM) Eye Center is a joint project of the Rotary Club of Manila, Manila Medical Society, Hospital of the Infant Jesus and the City of Manila, funded by The Rotary Foundation, contributions of RCM Paul Harris Fellows, the Rotary Club of Taipei and Rotary Club of East Kowloon, Hongkong.
The RCM Pagkalinga sa Mata Project is chaired by Rtn. Jacinto S. Bautista, Jr., M.D. With Chairman Jack Bautista during the organization of the project were Rtn. Conrado P. Banzon, M.D.+, Past Vice Pres. Edgardo T. Caparas, M.D., Past President Cesar Ubaldo , Past Pres. Buster Arrastia, Past President Tito Gupit, Jr., PP Nestor M. Sevilla +, Past Pres. Peter H. Wohlrab, Past President Domingo S. Guevarra, Jr., PP Aniceto G. Saludo,who was then Immediate Past President of Rotary Club of Manila and President, Medico-Surgical Foundation. PP Nash Pablo from RI District 3810 Rotary Foundation Matching Grant Adviser, reviewed the project proposal, ensured that it met the criteria of The Rotary Foundation.
Rotary Club of Manila “Pagkalinga Sa Mata Project” provide FREE Daily Outpatient Consultation at the Ospital ng Tondo, Manila Medical Society, and the Hospital of the Infant Jesus
PARTICIPANTS of the project:
- University of Sto. Tomas Alumni Association thru President, Rtn. Jack Bautista, Jr., M.D.
- Sto. Tomas University Hospital Division of Ophthalmology thru Chairman, Rtn. Jack Bautista, Jr., M.D.
- Department of Ophthalmology Faculty of Medicine & Surgery, STUH
- Society of Philippine Surgeon in America (SPSA) thru – Manuel Cacdac, M.D. (Chairman & Project Director)
- Columbia Presbyterrian Hospital, New York thru – Antonio Gonzales, M.D. & Linsy Farris, M.D.
- USTMAA in American Foundation, Inc. thru Stella Evangelista, M.D., Jose Evangelista, M.D.
- Guiding Light Ministry
- University of Santo Tomas Hospital
- SUKOB, Inc.
- Epheta, Inc.
- Department of Health Republic of the Philippines
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary Douglas Buxton, M.D., Paul Sidoti, M.D., & Bruce Moskowitz, M.D., Nelson Co, M.D.
VOLUNTEER EYE DOCTORS
- Dr. Edgardo Caparas
- Dr. Conrado Banzon
- Dr. Jack Bautista – Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus
- Dr. Reynaldo Javate – Oculoplasty
- Dr. Mario Yatco – Glaucoma
- Dr. Ronald Yutangco – Retina
- Dr. Jesus Jacinto Bautista – Retina
- Dr. Nestor Tiongson – Diagnostics
- Dr. Margaret Rose Syjuco – Oculoplasty
- Dr. Noel Castillo – Cornea & External Diseases
- Dr. Alex Sua – Ocular Pathology
- Dr. Robert Uy – Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Dr. Cosme Naval – Cataract & Refractive Surgery
RESIDENTS OF THE ROTARY EYE CENTER TRAINING PROGRAM
Dr. Nestor Tiongson ; Dr. Ranilo Jose Sioson ; Dr. Margaret Rose Syjuco ; Dr. Homero Calibag Dr. Simeon Emmanuel Aquino III; Dr. Dennis Aguirre; Dr. Michael Cavan ; Dr. Evangeline Baltazar ; Dr. Bobbie Atendido ; Dr. Ronald Santiago; Dr. Saturnino Torregosa ; Dr. Elmer Espino ; Dr. Cherry Hazel Ting-Serapio ; Dr. Wilben Sy ; Dr. Mervin De Guzman; Dr. Ner Joseph Lansangan ; Dr. Leopold Cuaycong ; Dr. John Baldwin Tan; Dr. Geobriand Alcala;
Dr. Philip Estinar ; Dr. Henry Chan; Dr. Armando Atienza, Jr., Dr. Kristine Polines – Hernando
Dr. Carlomagno Kuizon ; Dr. Raz Jesus Songco ; Dr. Mikhail Juntado ; Dr. Andrea Christine Ramirez; Dr. Bryan Ong Kian Koc ; Dr. Mark Raymond Rosales; Dr. Lawrence So – Reyes
Amie Pumarada ; Melchie Federico ; Lourdes Perez ; Elaine Santos ; Joyce Carmela Mendoza
SUKOB Foundation Nurses